Although I can't read music don't play any musical instruments I still enjoy listening to it and sometimes singing. Most of the major events of my life have a song that reminds me of that time. When I was in the Army we really liked the song "In the Air Tonight" it always seemed to get us ready to go when we were going to do a night jump or do an air assault mission. There is also a song by Casting Crowns called "East to West" that illustrates how God forgives us even when we make a mess of things. I know that we all have a song that we would be embarrased if people knew that we liked it my song is ( and I'm really opening myself up here so you have to be honest with your list too!) Patty Smyth - The Warrior; really stupid 80's song.
1. Where the streets have no name - U2
2. In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins
3. East to West - Casting Crowns
4. With Arms Wide Open - Creed (reminds me of when Noah was born)
5. Be Thou my Vision - Best hymn ever
6. Abide With Me - Peter Sturgess intro'd me to this one, it's great
7. Can't you see? - Marshall Tucker Band ( reminds me of growing up in the
8. Something beutiful - newsboys (reminds me of Martha and Noah)
9. One tree hill - U2 Reminds me of travelling
10. Spirit in the sky - Norman Greenbaum (reminds me of all of my parachuting
and flying days)
I could add more but we will keep it at ten for now. Let's hear yours and don't forget your emabarassing song. Maybe the next list will be favorite 80's songs. Can't wait to hear your lists.